Why I decided to start blogging
*This post contains affiliate links
I decided to start a lifestyle and travel blog because I love taking photos, telling stories, and sharing my travel tips and finds with everyone. My husband and I are avid boaters in the summers in the waters of the Pacific Northwest and Canada’s Southern Gulf Islands, and in the winter when things get wet and cold, we like to hit the mountains or find our way to tropical locals. I have been writing travel reviews for years, and am always trying to get the best photo shots, so writing about it seemed like the perfect next step. Additionally, we just became empty-nesters, so it seemed like a good time to really dive in to my next chapter of life. Besides travel, I am passionate about healthcare (as I am a nurse), pets (we have two big beautiful dog children), food (cooking & trying new restaurants), and so much more, hence the “lifestyle” part of my blog.
After starting to set up my blog, I realized there was so much I still didn’t know, so I decided to sign up for a blogging course called Blogging Blastoff, a course taught by Pete & Heather Reese of It’s A Lovely Life blog. I had taken their free Start a Money Making Blog Crash Course and participated in their 10k Traffic Challenges and realized they had so much more to teach me. You can check out all of their courses here. I am looking forward to taking their Travel Blogging Fast Track course next.
Blogging Nomination Rules
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Advice for New Bloggers
Two of the most important pieces of advise I can give, based on what I have learned so far are:
- Make sure you sign up with a reputable self-hosted WordPress platform. And, take some classes like the one I listed above. I noticed our local community college offers some WordPress classes which would be helpful for those just starting out.
- Write from your heart, in your own voice. If it doesn’t flow naturally, you aren’t being your true self and can feel unnatural.
My Blogger Recognition Choices
- Choosing these bloggers was hard. Not because it’s hard to pick people deserving of this award, but rather, because there are so many awesome bloggers that I have crossed paths with. I have quickly learned that the blogging community is a vast one with so many niches, ages, and styles, and they are all so welcoming to new bloggers!
- Fluxing Well http://fluxingwell.com
- Roses + Rouge https://rosesandrouge.com
- Life Without A Roadmap https://lifewithoutaroadmap.com/
- Exploring the Prime https://exploringtheprime.com/
- Well https://wellcomeonline.org/
- Geraldine Talks https://geraldinetalks.com/
- Wandering Crystal https://wanderingcrystal.com/
- Brianna Marie Lifestyle http://briannamarielifestyle.com/
- Wandering Nobody https://wanderingnobody.com/
- Rolling On https://rollingonblog.com/
- The Bibliovert https://thebibliovert.com/
- Ms.Fiology http://www.msfiology.com/
- The Boozy Housewife https://boozyhousewife.family.blog
- Glitter and Gluttony https://glitterandgluttony.com/
- Hawaii Y’all http://hawaiiyall.com/
Thank you, all of you!
Thank you again, Emma with Forever Lost In Travel for nominating me. Make sure you had on over to her blog and check it out! And for all of you whom I have nominated, don’t forget to tag me in your post, I can’t wait to read your advice to other bloggers!